This well-structured, clear and interesting textbook, Operations Strategy, 5th edition (PDF) by Slack and Lewis offers insight into the more advanced topic of Operations Strategy. Building on concepts from operations management, strategic management, marketing and HRM, this ebook encourages a thorough understanding of Operations Strategy in a variety of organisations and businesses. Ideal for Postgraduate and Advanced Undergraduate students, this PDF ebook builds on concepts from Marketing, Human Resource Management, Strategic Management, and Operations Management, to give college students a comprehensive understanding of Operations Strategy.
New to this Fifth edition
- Many new and updated examples, which cover the topical issues in operations strategy.
- An approach that highlights some of the developments in operations strategy, especially how its concepts are having a wider application.
- The inclusion of some new material relating to such issues as the VRIO framework, the idea of the three levels of performance, business ecosystems, and topics in product/service innovation.
- The introduction (and reintroduction) of short and long case studies, while retaining those that proved popular from the previous edition. These cases can still be used to form the basis of a whole course in operations strategy.
- Multiple theories in every chapter exploring the underpinning ideas
- Comprehensive and accessible with an excellent blend of theory and practice
- Focus on the interaction between operational resources and external requirements
- Key questions which set the scene at the beginning of each chapter as well as summary answers
- Engaging case studies and examples that illustrate the broad and long-term issues of operations strategy
NOTE: This sale only includes Slack & Lewis’ ebook Operations Strategy 5e in PDF. No access codes included.