Bugs Rule! provides a lively introduction to the biology and natural history of insects and their non-insect cousins, such as spiders, scorpions, and centipedes. This richly illustrated textbook features more than 830 color photos, a concise overview of the basics of entomology, and numerous sidebars that highlight and explain key points. Detailed chapters cover each of the major insect groups, describing their physiology, behaviors, feeding habits, reproduction, human interactions, and more.
Ideal for nonscience majors and anyone seeking to learn more about insects and their arthropod relatives, Bugs Rule! offers a one-of-a-kind gateway into the world of these amazing creatures.
- Features more than 830 color photos
- Covers the biology and natural history of all the insect orders
- Places greater emphasis on natural history than standard textbooks on the subject
- Highlights the importance of insects and other arthropods, including their impact on human society
- Provides a thorough review of the noninsect arthropods, such as scorpions, spiders, millipedes, centipedes, and crustaceans